This website is owned and operated by Hothouse Partworks Ltd. a company registered in England & Wales under company number 9547258. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 we are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office under reference A8101189.
You have the right to receive an electronic copy of the personal data we hold about you, and you can use that copy for any purpose you wish. To request a copy please contact us by email at email@example.com.
What kind of personal data does Hothouse Partworks collect?
We collect the following data:
- your profile name, first name and surname, email address, IP address and browser type
- your billing address and method of payment details
- website and content usage
How will Hothouse Partworks Ltd. use my personal data?
We will use your personal data solely for the following purposes:
- to identify you when you sign into the site; to manage your account and subscription
- to understand your preferences and usage of our website so that we can improve your experience of the website and its content
- to provide you with on-site information about your accumulation of points, badges and certificates awarded according to your usage of the site
- by email (if you have consented to receive emails from us), to provide you with information about the site and future contents that we believe will be of particular interest to you
- to provide information about services provided by iWriteFiction or suppliers to us which we believe will be of genuine interest to you
- to comply with legal and regulatory obligations
Will Hothouse Partworks Ltd. provide my personal data to other companies or third-parties?
We will not make your personal data available to any other company or organisation with the sole exception of our third-party subscription-payment service-provider which will hold the personal details needed to process your payments on an SSL-certified and encrypted server which provides a secure firewall against unauthorised access.
We will not sell, trade, or rent your personal data to other individuals or organisations.
We may collect, or provide to reputable companies, aggregated, anonymous statistics about our users’ website traffic patterns, and site-usage information. This information does not allow the user to be identified personally. We may also allow third-party companies to use these aggregated statistics to serve advertisements on our website. These companies may use “cookies” to provide them with additional data about usage of the website but this additional data collection will not allow or provide personal identification of the user on our site.
What about “cookies”?
What do we do with information from surveys?
Occasionally we may invite you to take part in surveys. These surveys are always voluntary and the information provided is never linked to your personal data. The purpose of the surveys is solely to help us improve the website and to make sure we’re satisfying our users’ needs. We do not share the information from our surveys with any third parties unless we have expressly sought your permission and provided you with a clear opportunity to decline participation.
What do we do with competition entries?
Regularly we run competitions, inviting our customers and users to take part. Competition entrants are bound by the terms and conditions of entry which can be read in full on Our Competitions page.
The first winning entry for each competition is published on our website and reviewed by one or more of our panel of Judges. By entering the competition you are deemed to have consented to this usage of your work.
Entries that do not win the competition for which they have been entered will not appear on the website unless the competition entrant chooses to post his or her competition entry to the website Community by means of the Story Share function.